Twenty-six Southern Hills Career and Technical Center students were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society on April 5.
Southern Hills Career and Technical Center in Georgetown, held its 2017 National Technical Honor Society Induction Ceremony on Wednesday, April 5 before a packed house.
Seventeen Juniors and 9 seniors were recognized for their academic accomplishments.
The induction ceremony was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance by the National Technical Honor Society President, Georgia Welch, who later lit a candle after speaking briefly about scholarship.
Other NTHS officers and members include vice-president Benjamin Forsythe, secretary Megan Summers, treasurer Taylor Cook, historians Dylan Phillips and Jacob Clubb, members Jackson Erhardt, Jaycie Parr, and Bethany Moler.
“Last year we had 9 members of the National Technical Honor Society,” said Mindy Hastings, NTHS advisor. “Now with this induction we have 26 members of the brightest, really good kids that we’ve ever had. Each year it seems like the students coming to us have higher than usual grades. We are so proud of them.”
The 2017 National Technical Honor Society Senior inductees include:
• Cassie Winterod (Eastern) Early Childhood Ed.
• Joseph Dahlheimer (Georgetown) Auto Tech
• Emily Houk (Fayetteville) Sports Medicine
• Alexandria Graves (Georgetown) Arts/Graphics
• Ashley Bilbrey (Georgetown) Early Childhood Education
• Joshua Jones (Whiteoak) Culinary Arts
• Alexyss Boon (WB) Clinical health Care
• Cole Cook (Whiteoak) Construction Technologies
• Sarah Juska (Eastern) Arts/Graphics.
Juniors being inducted included:
• Madison Cornett
• Evan Pfeffer
• Aiden Wishart
• Amber Lytle
• Casey Nace
• Kytayia Becraft
• Simon Aubry
• Samantha Davis
• Andrew Penny
• Ashley Poff
• Caroline Ellis
• Briaunna Gamel
• Jarrett Hensley
• Kayla Hedge
• Austin Claytor
• Alexis Houk
• Destinee Meyer
Each of the students were sworn-in to the society by Hastings.