At the Western Brown Board of Education meeting Sept. 19, the board was introduced, to this school year’s newest teachers, by the principals.
New teachers include:
• Amanda Beetem
• Kate Rombold
• Amy Attinger
• Nellie Book
• Katie Little
• Bridgit Haney
• Jeff Fryman
• Kim Reuss
• Emily Seip
• Melissa Hedger
• Heidi Klump
• Jeanette Cunningham
• Tracey Daugherty
• Krissie Purdin
• Tara McNeese
In other business at the meeting, the board accepted a retirement from 1SG Michael Seip, Western Brown High School JROTC instructor at the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
Also approved by the board was the retirement of Kim Schram, Hamersville Elementary School (HEMS) guidance counselor, effective May 31, 2017 and the retirement of Roger Fobar, HEMS custodian, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Tracy Gibson also retired as HEMS NJHS advisor.
Under employment, the following people were approved:
• Gale Malone, Joe Dallas Watt and Stephen Puckett as sub custodians;
• Stephen Puckett as sub aide, student cross walk, effective 8-22-16;
• Robin Wolfer and Kellie Day as sub bus aide, effective 8-15-16;
• Lou Ann Dick Mt. Orab Elementary School (MOES) teacher (retire/rehire for one year);
• Heather Jones, Amy Hurley, Mary Ketchum as MOES Title I, long term sub teachers;
• Debra Godschmidt, HEMS Title I long term sub aide;
• Amy Drake, Gale Malone, Ruth Rumpke, Louis Williams, Ashley Green as sub for the cafeteria;
• James Oberschlake as high school OGT tutor for fall and spring testing;
• Jamie Hurley as MOMS National Junior Honor Society sponsor;
• Tom Ball as substitute aide;
• Shannon Helton as HEMS National Junior Honor Society sponsor.
During the business part of the meeting the board approved a special needs transportation contract and trave by members of the Western Brown High School FFA Chapter to the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis on Oct. 19-22.
Jina Bohl, assistant superintendent was approved to attend the Ohio State and Federal Program Coordinators Conference in Columbus on Oct. 24-26 in 2016 and again in March, 2017.
The Western Brown High School Marching Band was approved to participate in the ‘Bands of America’ in Indianapolis in Nov. 10-12, 2016.
The board also approve a contribution to the MOMS Library in the name of Tommie Stout.
The next Western Brown Board of Education will be held Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.